Our last meeting of the spring. Hope you all can come!

May 18:
Using Flash for the Web and Animation
NMNH, Cathy Kerby Room, East Court, Third Floor 5:30pm - 7:30pm
MEET IN THE CONSTITUTION AVE. LOBBY

For the scientific illustrator, Macromedia Flash can be a very handy
software for producing 2D animations, educational graphics, and web
sites with interactive interfaces. It integrates well with vector art
programs, such as Adobe Illustrator, with some 3D modules, and
imports audio, such as mp3 and AIFF files. We'll look at the basics,
and browse some of the more innovative current entertainment and
educational uses of Flash.

  Judith Stoffer, M.A., is a freelance medical and bioscientific
illustrator based in Baltimore, MD, but, being "virtually" down the
hall, provides illustration, animation, and web services to clients
anywhere. Recent major projects include microphotography and web
design for the Walter Reed Biosystematics Unit at the Smithsonian
Museum Support Center, cell biology illustrations for the National
Institutes General Medical Sciences, and Flash animations of
embryological development of the head and neck for Indiana University

GNSI-DC need YOU!
We are looking for a new Education/Meeting Coordinator. The process
is fairly well defined for monthly meetings; we need an individual
who will follow up on meeting ideas and coordinate events with other
members. If interested contact Britt Griswold-

***************************************
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUSEUM PARKING
***************************************
Due to the increased security at the museum, those visitors who wish
to park in the Natural History Museum lot (5:30pm or later, at the
west entrance) will have to identify themselves, state that they are
attending the GNSI meeting, and allow the search of their car (the
trunk). We have been told we are on the list for parking. Visitors
may need to be badged in the guard office, and be accompanied up
stairs by a badged museum employee.
Meetings are free and open to all, and are normally at 5:30 p.m. on
the third Tuesday of the month, as always, snacks will be served.
Socializing and snacking are from 5:30 p.m. to 6:05 p.m. Then
presentations till about 7:45 p.m.

Meetings are normally held in the Cathy Kerby Room of the Museum of
Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, at Tenth Street and
Constitution Avenue, NW. Enter at the Constitution Avenue entrance
and wait at the guard desk for a GNSI escort to take you upstairs.
Escorts will check in at 5:30, 5:40, 5:50, and 6:05.

If you have questions:
Alice Tangerini (202) 357-1517
Britt Griswold  (301) 286-3381
--