>Yes, I would like to work on location in a studio of
>some sort.   so that are all mac?
>But, as jeremy said, I dont want to buy photoshop for
>both the systems though and I never got to grips with
>the mac.   Macs seem to be good for graphical
>software, but its my perception that the PC is a
>better all round computer.
>    Looks like its leaning towards me keeping the mac
>now (which is dissapointing, I was looking forward to
>going on a spending spree in PC world!)

PC can be bad or good. Macs can be bad or good. It all depends on
what you want to do, who you will use for tech support (if anyone).
You will find 3 programs that will do a job badly for every one you
will find on a mac. IE there are a lot of programs available for the
PC that have nothing to do with the Graphics industry. You will find
most mainstream software available on both platforms. You will find
more viruses on a PC. You will find more specialized scientific
software on a Unix or Lunix box. A Mac will run this as well. If all
depends on what you are comfortable with. These days you will find
many shops using both. The Mac is doing very well in certain market
segments, but you can always find someone using a PC anywhere.

Britt
--
Britt Griswold/WMAP Project