From: Angie Fox [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: slide scanning on a flatbed

What is the current thinking about scanning slides on flatbed
scanners? Are the flatbeds beginning to be true rivals to dedicated
slide scanners? I'm looking at the Epson Perfection 4870. It looks
good but I'm still a little hesitant to take the plunge and depend
fully on a flatbed. If we add a slide scanner, I'm looking at the
Nikon Coolscan 5000 with the optional slide feeder. Back in Feb 2003,
someone on the list noted an issue with slides becoming jammed. Has
anyone else had the same problem?
Thanks,
Angie
--