Robert -

Whatever you do buy, I strongly suggest that you do it as soon as
possible. Get your applications loaded, and use the hell out of the
thing before you leave. I'd really recommend that you load the
applications ASAP and then "freeze" the configuration, so that you don't
introduce any new, unexpected glitches in the last days before your
trip.

I took a look at the web site for Toolik, and it sure would suck to be
up there with a busted computer.

Phillip (who'll be thinking of you when it's 95F and 95% humidity in NJ)