These knowledge base articles on Apple's site should help: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106417 http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106737 On May 2, 2004, at 12:36 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote: GenevaHello everyone! Geneva I am trying to switch over to OSX (10.2.1) on my Mac and I am very confused about where all my fonts are and what they are doing! (I know, I am very behind the times in this endeavor!) Geneva Do I have to reinstall all the fonts that were in my classic 9 system folder into X? I know OSX comes with a ton of fonts--where they are housed, I have no idea..but for the life of me, I can't seem to find helvetica oblique which I know is in my system 9 fonts folder. Geneva I am working in illustrator 10 and when I try to make my helvetica type to be oblique, my only 2 helvetica options seem to be regular and bold. Then I noticed at the bottom of the font list (in bold face), something called Helvetica CY--is that just for running the program? I am baffled. Geneva Any help would be greatly appreciated before I flee back to system 9! Geneva Thanks to all of you in advance! Geneva Take care, Geneva Wendy Geneva Wendy Beth Jackelow Geneva Medical & Scientific Illustration Geneva 266 Pelton Avenue Geneva Staten Island, NY 10310 Geneva Tel/fax (718) 273-00002 [log in to unmask] http://members.aol.com/wbjackelow