What kind of mac is it?  Honestly, you can convert between mac or pc formats
pretty easily, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference and wouldn't
be worth buying all the software for two systems.  If you know pc's, you're
probably better off then learning a new system (although the mac is pretty
intuative and it wouldn't take much to learn it), but I prefer macs.  But
tell me what kind of mac it is and I'll tell you whether it's worth buying
anything.