    I'll admit you can get by with either, but The mac is hands down a
better machine in my opinion.  I would agree you would never get the money
the computer is worth.  I bought the first grey and white G-4 that came out,
with the lowest possible processor speed available, and I'm still as
productive as you can get.  I have lot's of memory and three hard drives in
the beast, and other then gaming, I have no reason to replace it.  (though
I'm looking into picking up a G-4 laptop in a couple days hopefully)
    It would actually be very advantageous to have both types of machine in
the house like you do though, and I think you'll find that using one as a 3d
machine or scanner/printer, you'll be twice as productive(and protected if
you set up a file backup system between the two machines)  Honestly, I'm
jealous.
    Another key point is that if you do any web-authoring, you can see how
it looks in the various web-browsers on both PC and Mac.  This is especially
useful for Flash animations.  The Mac would also be more virus free (for
reasons previously debated), so you may consider using it to handle all of
your email.

Jeremy