Dear attendees,

On your campus map, number 8 is the Bookstore, located in Merchant's Square.
Run by Barnes and Noble and featuring books, music CDs, DVDs, children’s
department, William and Mary clothing and gifts, plus a café featuring
Starbucks coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

You can contact the store to order copies of The Guild Handbook
held for you to pick up once you arrive. After you pass it around
to the contributing members for their signatures you'll only have
to lug it one way...back home! I think it adds great value to the
book to have it filled with signatures and comments. The Handbook is
a kind of grail, full of wonderful old secrets and mysterious techniques
that one might have some difficulty finding in the standard college
fine art fare. (Carbon dust, for example). Computer graphics is part
of the mix now and the contributors will be around for the week.

The University Center has a post office on the ground floor if you
prefer to ship your heavy tome home after getting the sigs.

http://gnsi.science-art.com/index.html

Upon our return from Monday night's exhibit opening, we will have the
bus drop off first at Merchant's Square for those who want to get out
and about, then Dupont Hall dorm. Merchant's Square is a half mile
walk to the dorm. If you continue walking into Colonial Williamsburg
via DOG street, add another mile. Dupont Hall has a terrific ground
floor lounge called The Pit...the middle is a sunken surround seating
area. There is enough comfortable seating to accomodate 100 or so
with ease. We will be posting area travel maps and community messages
here, along with ice containers for communal use. You must have a room
key card to enter the dorm, then your individual room. Laptop users:
GNSI conference user id and password will be included in your confirmation
package. Ethernet connections in all rooms, analog phone(local). You
must bring laptop connector cable.

Confirmation packages will be mailed starting in early June.

Jaynie Martz

http://gnsi.science-art.com/index.html