Jim said:
> The law is sufficiently vague that
> no one knows how the courts will interpret it until somebody gets sued.

I think this is the real key here.  Laws are not black and white and I'm
sure this would be a shade of gray (I think light gray, but gray
nonetheless.)

BTW, I didn't take offense at being called na´ve, I thought you hit the nail
on the head Jim.  In order to make a viable living, it's best to avoid
lawyers all together.  The only reason I'm passionate at all about this is
because my wife is studying law and we've been discussing it.  Don't worry,
she's not going to be a trial lawyer.  She's still trying to decide between
environmental or international law and will most likely work for the EPA or
something.  At least the government doesn't make you work 80 hours a week (I
hope).

If I were a a publisher or whatever, and I wanted to sue the illustrators,
I'd have to do two things.  Prove intent to raise prices and also prove that
I had been damaged as a result.  This would be pretty tough.

Also, I think If you asked a lawyer if you could talk about prices, he'd
have to say NO, because it would be irresponsible to suggest otherwise, and
he may be held liable if it were to get out of hand.

Jeremy