-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Ackoff
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: slide scanning on a flatbed

Oh... sorry

In a nutshell, liquid mounting is supposed to fill in any surface
irregularities and produce a good scan, up to 750% of the original size
(producing 18x24 prints from 35mm film/slides). The information is for
the Epson 3200 scanner, which is a fixed focus scanner. It may work with
other scanners, but has not been tested.

You will need PEC-12 cleaning fluid and PEC pads (a non-scratching
cleaning pad). And KAMI liquid mounting fluid... in a nutshell, the film
is kind of squeegeed to the scanner glass (kind of like do-it-yourself
tinting on your car windows).

I've never done this... but have heard good things about it.

Karen