Jamestowne Rediscovery Project

http://gnsi.science-art.com/index.html

Did you know there are 2 Jamestowns?  Our trip features visits
to both locations. Jamestown Island boasts the real thing; the
site of the original settlement and remnants of the fort that
sheltered it, as well as relics of Virginia's first capital.
Nearby is Jamestown Settlement, with re-created fort, Indian
village and smaller recreations of the ships to make the past
come alive. This field trip features a guided tour of the
Rediscovery site, the focus of intense archaeological study
and a free-to-explore visit to the Settlement recreation. The
trip price includes entrance fees to both areas plus transportation
avoiding wasting precious time standing in ticket lines.

Personally, I found this to be a moving experience. A glimpse
back in time to the extreme fragility of existance for the earliest
colonial humans. It is clear they would never have survived without
aid from the native american inhabitants. It all began right here
on this small James River island shore.