Hello everyone!

I am trying to switch over to OSX (10.2.1) on my Mac and I am very confused about where all my fonts are and what they are doing! (I know, I am very behind the times in this endeavor!)

Do I have to reinstall all the fonts that were in my classic 9 system folder into X? I know OSX comes with a ton of fonts--where they are housed, I have no idea..but for the life of me, I can't seem to find helvetica oblique which I know is in my system 9 fonts folder.

I am working in illustrator 10 and when I try to make my helvetica type to be oblique, my only 2 helvetica options seem to be regular and bold. Then I noticed at the bottom of the font list (in bold face), something called Helvetica CY--is that just for running the program? I am baffled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I flee back to system 9!
Thanks to all of you in advance!

Take care,
Wendy

Wendy Beth Jackelow