        -----Original Message-----
        From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeremy Stoller
        Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 10:02 AM
        To: [log in to unmask]
        Subject: Re: Speaking of Monitors

        I don't own one (except in my dreams), but I did get to see
several of them at Apple's booth during the SIGGRAPH conference. They
even had a single G5 with dual 30" displays. It was the most beautiful
thing I've ever seen.

        I only played with the computers for a few minutes, but the
displays looked excellent. They were crisp and bright, seemed to have
good color and I didn't notice any shifting when I moved my head. I
can't say I lifted the thing though. Here are the specs off Apple's
website:

        30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display
           Height: 21.3 inches (54.3 cm)
           Width: 27.2 inches (68.8 cm)