Here is what Lee, the whale skeleton articulator says, below. I guess I might have been  wrong saying it wasn't a Beluga. I happen to have a Beluga skull in a bucket on my porch, but it is an immature and maybe the one I have still had its milk teeth as they are much smaller than the photos. Catie

From: Homer Bookstore [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 12:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] TAN: X Creature

Hi Catie,
If that were on a local beach we would call it a beluga whale . The skull shape is good. There are more teeth in the lower jaw then a beluga should have . The size is good . From some of the vertebrae - it looks like whale bones on that end . Immature whale bones. The ribs look like a classic double jointed ribs but the shape may not be matching to what I remember the beluga would look like .
 The teeth shape is good for a beluga whale . I'm not sure what other whale species would look similar .
   Sue said to tell you that we have a book here for you .
   Thanks    Lee