Hi everyone,

Can you tell me if type in Photoshop CS2 is truly vector, or is it best to go in to Illustrator for type?  I have sent my client a file with image layers below, and labels layers above.  Since one must either flatten the layers to rasterize it OR to actively select the rasterize command from the fly out menu in the layers palette, I assume the type is still vector.

My client asked me this specifically, and I said I thought the type was still vector until it was rasterized.  Will it retain its vector attributes, independent of the resolution of the image, as long as it is on separate layers?  Or do I need to go to Illustrator?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris Gralapp, MA, CMI
Medical and Scientific Illustration