Hi Joel

Thanks for those extra photos, they helped a lot.

I sent a few to The Scripps Institute of Oceanology and they had never seen it either.

They forwarded the photos to the Birch Aquarium here in San Diego and the curator did some research.

He believes it is a Stygiomedusa gigantean.

This is the largest jelly fish in the ocean and it is very rare.

You can tell this by trying to search for an image of it on the web.

Heres link to the only photo I found amongst a whole lot of scientific papers with no images:

http://www.ccpo.odu.edu/Research/globec/main_cruises02/nbp0204/pod/POD9sept.htm

No were near as glorious as some of those photos you had.

It could be another color variety.

I’d sure like to get an explanation of the glowing light in the bell of some of your photos.

Karl