In addition to Facebook, there are quite a few "2.0" possibilities, many of
them FREE.

For networking/info sharing:
-create an online GNSI network: http://www.ning.com
-set up a GNSI wiki (e.g. http://pbwiki.com)
-etc.

For exposure:
-tag each others' sites on del.icio.us and other popular social bookmarking
services (using similar tags, like "scienceillustration", "gnsi", etc.)
-set up a GNSI Flickr account
-interlink personal web sites and blogs, and link to sci-art.com from
personal sites, Facebook profiles, etc.

Peter