Yes, indeed.  Very much how I feel, as well.  Love you all.

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:46:10 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MAGMOR] From another list
To: [log in to unmask]

This is beautiful.  I think it expresses what a lot of us feel about this "game".

Vasilla

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Jim Lafler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From His Grace Kensor.....I just had to share.

To some, its so much more than a game.

JM

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:07:40 +0000
>
> Twenty-five years ago today was Saturday. I woke up, donned my camouflage gear and mock B.A.R. rifle, and went down to the local nature trail park to chase my buddies around the woods going, "BANG" and shooting them dead every chance I got.
>
> At noon, we went back to my parents house, and I changed from my cammys to a puffy white shirt I bought at the renaissance festival, a dress saber I stole from the high-school drill team's storage room (they didn't use the swords anymore), and went out to Lake Shawnee to watch Eldredd Stonefist, Richard of Wolf Wood, Roderick Mandrake, and a couple more people demonstrate medieval fighting.
>
> I went with my friends Tiger and Ed (both of who joined and later dropped out), and I think David (Gilligan) went with me - but I don't recall for sure. I met a guy named John Lane and saw a gleam in his eye while watching the fighting. I thought to myself, "I'm going to be friends with this guy."
>
> I talked to this SCA guy, Geoffery of Emerald Glenn who was making arrows in his Earl Flynn leather jerkin (his wife, Dearda was a knock-out!). I met a guy, Renwick of Raven's Rooste doing chain mail - nice guy, big, and a mousey tall man who went by the name Anamdraig O'Riordon de Dannen de Muscarie. And a rather animated fellow doing some shouting about O'Yea or something, Andreas of Green Village
>
> They invited us back for a meeting on Monday at this apartment club-house where they told us about the group, Canton of Etoiles de Lune and how it was a canton of the Barony of Forgotten Sea and how the Kingdom of Calontir was new to the Known World, having just became a kingdom two months prior, and how our King was Chepe and our Queen was Arwyn - and she was descended from the Elves of Middle Earth, but we couldn't say that anymore since it was now against Corpora.
>
> I said that I wasn't really into the fighting part, what else could I do? Geoffery told me I could do anything I wanted. I was into being a magic user when playing D&D, so I asked about alchemy. Geoffery said that there was no one in the group who did it, but I was free to research it.

> [...]

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

--
Lori (Vasilla)
http://www.badharepottery.com

Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.