-----Original Message-----
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeremy Swan
Sent: zondag 13 december 2009 0:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Molecular Maya finally released!

Hey gnsi'ers,

I wanted to give a big thank you, to the gnsi community!  I just came
back from the recent ascb meeting where I saw gael mcgill finally
release "molecular maya" the toolkit for Maya, which is free for
anyone using Maya and finally finally available! (Academic licenses
for Maya are $350, although, molecular Maya is free, it requires
Maya.) Check out http://www.molecularmovies.org and check out the
toolkit

At the conference, I heard lots of great feedback about the bioviz
listserv and the broad range of participents, probably half of which,
I'm guessing, come from the gnsi listserv.  So thanks for helping me
with http://bvig.nichd.NIH.gov  I appreciate all the gnsi'ers around
the world that have joined and provided input. I realize this bio viz
interest group is probably outside general gnsi territory, but I think
it's relevent, and it has been influenced from the gnsi listserv and
it's members.

Thank you!

I wanted to also fill you in on the upcoming, publicly available, ascb
image library, for cell biology images including microscopy,
animation, video, illustrations and other data relating to cell
biology, thanks to an arra grant and the blood, sweat and te It's
bound to become a great reference for the community. It's being built
on the open source "open microscopy environment", omero.

More to come...

Thank you,

-Jeremy

at