I was just paging through an old (2000) issue of the Guild newsletter when I came across an article describing a case brought by a group of medical illustrators (Teri. J. McDermott et al) against a large US publisher. The illustrators sold one-time N. American publishing rights to the publisher but the publisher used the art in foreign editions and for more than one use, and the publisher also modified the art.

I am curious - does anyone know if this case has been resolved, and what was the outcome?
Thanks.
---
Emily S. Damstra
freelance science illustrator