Hi Everyone!

I have a question I hope someone can answer here.  I remember at the
conference, I heard all kinds of stories about how tricky copyright issues
are and what constitutes original art.

I've attached two pictures, one is a page from the book "On the Farm" by a *New
York Times* best selling author.  The second is the recently selected
artwork for MOFGA (the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association) this
year, to be sold on T-Shirts, tote bags etc.

One of the requirements of this contest was that, "Submissions must be of
professional quality, and must be original artwork".  Apparently this was
brought to the attention of someone at MOFGA and he or she didn't have a
problem with it, nor did anyone on the rest of the board.  Does anyone see
the similarities in these images?

This is more than a little frustrating for myself and the many other artists
submitting work.