From: Consie Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SCIART] What IS original art?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 4:52 PM

If this is indeed the book to which Amy refers, it's a beauty. I have it on my bookshelf. And Holly Meade lives in Maine, so perhaps she is the one that entered her own original art, or original art that is derivative of her own art created for this picturebook. If the information about who designed the art for the MOFGA gives the artist's name, then that could pretty much solve the problem. If it's Holly Meade, then there is absolutely no copyright problem.

Consie

Joan Lee wrote:
> Amy, are you referring to the book written by David Elliott and illustrated by Holly Meade?
>
>       P I found this on amazon:
>

>       Product Description
>
> *A New York Ttimes best-selling author and a Caldecott Honor-winning illustrator evoke life on a farm in a simple, lyrical text and boldly expressive images.*
>
> From the bull to the barn cat to the wild bunny, the farmyard bustles with life. The rooster crows, the rams clash, the bees buzz, and over there in the garden, a snake — silent and alone — winds and watches. David Elliott’s graceful, simple verse and Holly Meade’s exquisite woodcut and watercolor illustrations capture a world that is at once timeless yet disappearing from view — the world of the family farm.

> http://citnews.unl.edu/presentmethods_lana/listserv/index.html

-- Consie Powell
www.consiepowell.com