I changed the title to this question.
Maybe the Listserv folks who have their own printers will give more information. You'll have to add up the initial printer cost, the paper and ink cost. I have learned from friends that it may not be the initial printer cost that is the most costly, but the inks. If it can be determined how many pages you can get per cartridge(s), that should be part of the determination.

In your selection of printer and inks, you should research the archival nature of the inks and paper that is best for the inks
.
I use a professional printer. The time I would spend in maintenance, trial and error, color balancing, I could be working on another painting.
Linda
_______________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538
www.lindafeltner.com

Ruttan, Lore wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
 I am trying to decide whether to buy an Epson R2880 to make prints and cards, or wheth

Any thoughts on the trade-offs?

Lore