Hi All,
The GNSI Conference plans are pretty much set now. We have many, many
activities planned for you all and many more activities that you can
participate in that we haven't planned for. Our website lists many
things to do and places to go to in the Raleigh area as well as lots of
conference information. Go to: www.gnsi.science-art.com/2010NC.

We've got lots of parks close-by and miles of greenway trails to walk,
bike, or jog. We have a free gym located in a building next to our
apartments, as well as a volleyball net that we can use. (You'll need to
bring your own ball.) To find maps of the greenway system go to:
www.gnsi.science-art.com/2010NC/links/linksmain.html#raleigh

We also have many really good bars that sell really, really good local
brews. The Boylan Bridge, in my humble opinion, has an excellent
selection and is just a couple of miles down the road. (They also have
outdoor seating, which is wonderful in the summer.) I think that we now
have just about every nationality of restaurants. Go to:
www.gnsi.science-art.com/2010NC/accomodations/dining.html to view a
selection of restaurants that are close-by. (Well, I also included some
that aren't so close-by, but are my favorites, couldn't help it.)

There are many places to take the kids. There's the Museum of Natural
Science, the Museum of Art, the Museum of History, Exploris Kids Museum,
Marbles, and Pullen Park pool, to name just a few. For a fairly full
list of area going-ons and places to go, go to:
www.gnsi.science-art.com/2010NC/links/linksmain.html#raleigh.

We have plenty of spaces available in all workshops and field trips.
Trudy's Scratchboard workshop is the closest to filling, but there are
still open slots. So, get those conference registration forms in and
reserve your spot now.

Cheers,
Patricia Savage
816 Valerie Dr.