I'm no computer expert, but I >think< what Maria and I are reporting is a
combination of some sort of computer glitch and the result of people
replying to the digest without "trimming."  Hmm, by the way, it isn't one
particular person, it's almost everyone, so maybe it is some sort of glitch.
I always trim my replies here, but there is so much gibberish in between
messages that I can't even tell if my messages are full of gibberish or not.

What I get is a readable message with heading, following by what I think is
the entire previous digest, or whatever digest the person is replying to, in
what I take to be html gibberish.  When the digest is long, this can go on
for pages and pages, making it practically impossible to find the messages I
know are there, unless I scroll through for literally several minutes.  So
sometimes I just delete the whole thing.

best, Julia Morgan Scott