Marlene,

are you wrestling with the newer Tabs interface - where the files are
still open but only one active one is visible at a time? if so there is
a setting in prefs that opens files as "floating" documents again. if
the files are truely closing, that sounds like a bug.

-frank

--

 Frank Ippolito
 Principal Scientific Assistant