Oh if I had a rare book I would not be presumptuous enough to hand-color the
pages. I am given, as you suspected, loose originals. Some with damages
exquistely repaired. That one even survived hundreds of years to end up on
my drafting table often freezes me with emotion. Then I take a deep breath
and begin to paint. I am a botanical artist and painter of rare antique
botanical engravings.

Cynthia

Cynthia Padilla, leading botanical arts workshops 2010:
http://artinstructor.blogspot.com/2009/08/workshops-2010.html