Bruce, I'll follow the conversation for an answer to your question. I, too, am curious about the gutter edge. Have you asked Google?
Eva

Eva-Maria Ruhl

www.evaruhl.com
BloggerLinkedinBlogger

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks, Eva.

Most helpful, but doesn't address what happens to the gutter edge.  One-eighth inch certainly isn't enough to worry about, unless the image after typesetting gets one-quarter inch lopped off the outside edge, if you see what I mean.  I.e., should I remove the right side 1/8 inch and instruct the typesetter to square that with the gutter?  Maybe I should contact a printer and/or typesetter early next week.

These images will be a full 6 x 9 inch page, or double that, 12 x 9 inch, running through the gutter.  Your L-shaped border I've seen before and I think it's a great idea for smaller print size.  Not only flatters the artwork but also catches the reader's eye.  Can almost act like a heading for the text.

Thanks again,