Re: [SCIART] Photoshop CS5 troubles What version did you upgrade from? If you upgraded from a much older version of Photoshop, is it possible that you’re not familiar with “tabs”? Instead of opening each image in a separate window, several images might be stacked on top of one another, accessible by clicking the tabs at the top of the window. It appears as just a single window, but all of the images are in fact open.

I remember this drove me crazy the first time I encountered it in CS3 or 4. I still prefer the old method of having each image open in its own window (especially because I frequently need to be able to see multiple images at once). I discovered that you can grab the tabs and “tear off” each image into its own window.

This is just a guess, of course. Maybe CS5 really isn’t letting you open multiple images. That would be very odd.

Jim

From: Marlene Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:14:31 -0400
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Conversation: [SCIART] Photoshop CS5 troubles
Subject: [SCIART] Photoshop CS5 troubles

Hi all,
I just installed the CS5 suite, and Photoshop is driving me crazy by
refusing to keep more than one window open.  When I open another file
the first one automatically closes.  I'v tried every approach I can
think of, and could find nothing promising in Preferences.  Help!
Thanks in advance,
Marlene

--
Marlene Hill Donnelly
Scientific Illustrator, Dept. of Geology