For me, the kitchen at an SCA event is a refuge.  I love to cook, I love to serve, and I love to give other people food.  It is a huge treat for me to be able to intract with other SCA folks while serving a feast.

I want to thank the servers I was privileged to work with at the 12th Night Feast:

Kyrie Constantia
Lady Gwendolyn
Lady Hannah
Lady Catan
Wulfram
David

I can testify they were troupers: cheerful, willing, and resourceful.

~Melisende de la Roche de Lionne
Baroness of Vatavia

http://baronnemelisend.livejournal.com/
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.
We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."

~Albert Schweitzer