Lovely work, Lore! I have a few comments on the setup of your website:

1) The overall aesthetics are lovely. The colors and fonts harmonize well with both the pen & ink and the color work you have on display.
2) The slideshow on the home page took a long time to load on my (admittedly slow) internet connection. Consider having the home page feature a 3-image static image (the one with the elm, pine cone, and redbud perhaps) and save the flash slideshows for when folks delve in deeper?
3) I didn't even see the lower level of the home page (that sorts things by type) when I first landed there, didn't think to scroll down since the navigation bar is all conveniently at the top. (Might be redundant info?)
4) I can't tell the conceptual difference between "portfolio" and "gallery" except that "gallery" has more great stuff to look at. Consider omitting the Portfolio section, or else find a way to make it  different enough that it tells a new part of your story. (In either case, I'd put the link with the juciest pile of images closer to the left of the nav bar on top, so we left-to-right-readers get to it quick.)
5) I like the way you have things sorted and organized within the gallery. Good categories, good concepts, lovely images.

Great job!

--Katura