From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: February-05-11 12:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Artist and Author of paper

Hello,

Well, I actually do have it in an email that he promised I would be a co-author.  It was part of an agreement that I would do the layout and labels, without getting extra pay, on the promise that I would be a co-author.  It's possible he just forgot as it's been a couple years since he wrote this.

  It also may be that he is concerned about why the other artist will just be acknowledged and not listed as an author.

Since I didn't do the dissections, or even the preliminary sketches, but worked from measurements and the sketches of the technician, it is hard to back up that I should be an author.  It seems like I should at least remind him that he said I could be the co-author.  Of course this will make it harder to reference which drawings were done by me.

Do most of you always, add your initials or name to your drawings for publication?

Thanks for the feedback!
Jan