From: Britt Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, February 7, 2011 11:31:32 AM
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Artist and Author of paper

I would say if your independent knowledge as science person and your exploration
of the specimens

provided significant new information that contributed to the actual research,
and the results of the

"discoveries" were in the form of illustrations, an author mention would be
appropriate. Especially

if there are more than just one or two scientists listed. If you are
illustrating the scientist's

discoveries, then illustrator acknowledgment would be appropriate.

If on the other hand asking for author credit is going to put a kink in you
ability to make a living

as an illustrator, then take the acknowledgment and move on.

Britt