Linda,
My hesitation with framing all the same is just as you said. It looks
cohesive, but often doesn't serve the artwork well. Since most my work is
already framed for the wall rather than for a single exhibit, it seems a
shame to trade out the perfect frame for a blah blond one. Not to mention
what I've paid over the years for custom framing.

I'm going for: reasonable expense, weight, safety and ease of travel. The
thought of 12 cartons of artwork going to Asia, Lynette, is scary! And
sounds expensive. One is sure to get lost or hung up in customs. I had a
similar experience getting my one piece back from Portugal. It travelled
around the US, lost, until it finally found its way home and then I had to
pay a ransom to get it from Fed. Ex.

I'm gathering all your ideas and information so I can make the best choice
in the end. Then I will send out a post of what not to do next time! I do
not have to ship anything until the end of the year...plenty of time...but
do have to let the hosting institution what my process and costs will be, so
keep your comments coming.

Thanks, Linda and Lynette. I'm going to look into the StrongBoxes.

Gretchen

--
Gretchen Halpert
Illustrator/educator