Let us know your experience with the various trials, Linda, as this is a common problem among us presbiopians :).

One thing I want to suggest to you is that if you find a device that attaches to, or goes over the top of, your trifocals (or replaces them), that you build or buy a desk easel that will allow you to work sitting up straight.  If I take my glasses off to do fine work (which for me seems to work best), bending over to work on a drawing table gives me neck and shoulder pains that cut short the time I can spend doing such work.  So I have an inexpensive desk easel, that with proper backing keeps the work more perpendicular to my desk and relieves the shoulder muscle cramps.

Also, when working under a magnifier, practice a bit first.  Especially if doing watercolor.  Judging where the tip of the brush, pen, pencil is takes a little experience. :)

Suerte,