I am not a Skype expert, I believe so (the other person has to have Skype too). It doesn't replace a phone.

Gail

On 12/29/12 12:14 PM, Linda Feltner wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Wow, valuable tools. But you have to use a skype-type app (Like Susan mentioned). Does the person at the other end have to have Skype to answer the phone?

I told ya, I feel so out of touch! (no pun intended).

Well, my phone service (verizon) has free phones, so I assume they would work on the same service one buys from Verizon. They are the only service that gets even one bar out here.  Something else to consider. Living in town sure has it's advantages, eh?

Best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325