Greetings to the list, from Elasait ingen Diarmata, sometime Fourth
Company assistant:

So, there was supposed to be a drawing at court yesterday to determine
the winner of the Fourth Company raffle, for the fabulous camp feast
gear set made by an assortment of wonderful and generous Calontir
artisans.  Before that could happen at court yesterday, the microburst
came through, and the drawing...uh...did not happen at court.  I guarded
the tickets with my body and kept them dry, and since I had a waterproof
container to transfer them to, I sat in the bathhouse and did so.  The
drawing actually occurred in the remains of my camp across from the
battlefield, a short time later.  His Highness Damien, in front of a
number of Three Rivers witnesses, drew the winning ticket.  Antonia of
Heraldshill was the lucky winner.  I tracked her down, and thankfully
she and her lord husband had been only minimally affected by the
weather.  She was quite thrilled, and when I parted company with them
they were going to go collect their winnings from Master Grimwulf's shop.

The items had been carefully packed into the feast gear box, but the box
fell off a bench when Grimwulf's merchant fly went down.  As far as
could be told without unpacking the entire box, the items inside were
wet but intact.  I will post later on the amount of money we raised
(some of which has yet to get to the kingdom treasurer as most of us in
the Wind Tunnel of God became homeless in the storm), but I know we
topped $4000.  Thank you Calontir!

Please forward this to any and all local lists, so people have the info.

In service,
Elasait