On 6/2/2013 10:57 AM, Margaret Tank wrote:

> Bel, very well put. Thank you.
>
> Dammo, there is no bar to using SCA funds for 4th Company activities,
> as long as the products are available to everyone (same as any SCA
> usage). The 4th Company Fund is part of the Kingdom account. However,
> income, as for any Kingdom fund, is what we all give them. I plan to
> buy some raffle tickets for the fundraiser myself.

Fourth Company has always been donation-funded, but through the kingdom
account. None of its money comes out of the "general fund". I should
also point out that, unless something has changed in the last few years,
half the gas money to get the kingdom trailer to foreign wars comes out
of Fourth Company's funds.  That's a fairly big expense twice a year
(used to be thrice a year, but since Estrella has pretty much died, only
twice now).  The last big raffle, about five years ago, generated enough
money to keep us going for awhile (along with smaller donations that
come in, and a couple of smaller fundraisers people have done), but now
it's pretty well gone.

Elasait