Forwarded to Oakheart

Baine

  _____

From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BelAnna
Sent: June 19, 2013 11:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CALONTIR] Urgent Import Pennsic Information

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL LOCAL LISTS

NOTE: Pennsic is running one week earlier than in previous years: from July
20th <x-apple-data-detectors://1>  (Troll does open at
<x-apple-data-detectors://2>  noon on July 19th, but no one can come on site
or set up until after Land Grab which begins at 8 am on July 20th
<x-apple-data-detectors://3> ). Site closes at <x-apple-data-detectors://4>
NOON on Saturday, August 3rd (you should plan to be off site by then).

Good News: The Bridge that was out last year has been replaced and is now
two lanes.

Bad News: There is road construction on I-79 between 422 and 108 until July
26th <x-apple-data-detectors://5>  that may cause slow downs. Check traffic
maps if you generally arrive from the north or south on I-79.

Troll will be open 24/7 <x-apple-data-detectors://6>  on weekends, but Troll
will be closed from midnight until <x-apple-data-detectors://7>  6 am,
Monday to Thursday of both weeks of Pennsic. You may want to plan your
arrival accordingly. (See the Cooper's Lake Pennsic Registration website for
more info.) ~ If you arrive when Troll is closed you will be directed to
park on the Battlefield and will have to wait in your car until Troll opens.
There will be Porta-Johns nearby.

Good News: The Barn has been converted to an expanded Camp Store and has
added a full time restaurant. The new camp store will carry supplies from
Lowe's as well as local fresh fruit and vegetables.

More good news: All the activities previously held in the Barn will be held
in the new Great Hall, a 165' x 65' foot structure the Coopers have build on
the west side of block N01 in the Serengeti.

As in previous years there is NO using electrical outlets in any Cooper
building or Pennsic facility for charging (cell phones, laptops etc.).

Good News: if you are volunteering at a Pennsic point, you may be allowed to
charge your cell phone while you are doing your volunteer shift. If you have
a medical need for use of electricity check with Disability Services.

Good News: There is a new well to support the increased demand for water,
and all water at Cooper's Lake is now chlorinated for your safety.

Bad news: there is still iron in the water, and it still turns brown, but it
is just iron and will not hurt you.

More good news: the Coopers are building an expanded water treatment
facility that will also filter out the iron, but that will not cover the
entire campground yet. Stay tuned for next year.

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS: any group or individual that leaves their campsite
trashed after Pennsic will lose their land seniority! Over the last few
years the number of campsites that have been left trashed (furniture
abandoned, ground littered, trenches and pits not filled in, and even fires
left burning) has been growing. Please leave your site as good or better
than you found it! Your whole group will be penalized if the land is left a
mess.

Because Pennsic is closing down one day earlier than in previous years, most
all activities are moving up one day earlier:

. Classes start on Tuesday of Peace Week,

. Opening Ceremonies are on <x-apple-data-detectors://8>  Saturday the 27th,

. Combat begins on Sunday of War Week.

Nonessential Pennsic facilities will begin closing on the last Thursday
evening/Friday morning. Plan your last night parties for Thursday or Friday
night <x-apple-data-detectors://10> .

Everyone must leave site on Saturday. Good News: you have an extra day to
get home and unpack.

I know these seem like a lot of changes, and that most people resist change.
Over the 29 years that I have been attending Pennsics, I have seen this
event grow and change considerably. The Serengeti was once a cornfield and
the battles were on Runestone Hill, then it became a parking lot, later it
was the battlefield, now it is camping space. Once upon a time classes were
only held in the main bath house, now we have an entire university.

Pennsic has weathered and adapted and grown to be the largest event in the
Known World, and as we continue to grow and adapt we will likely have more
changes. I think we get better and better each year with each change.
Especially when we can all work together to make the magic that is Pennsic.

I wish you all a happy and safe Pennsic; the Pennsic Staff and I will do our
utmost to make it so. I look forward to seeing you all in July--old friends,
and new friends, and friends not yet met.

Yours in Service,

Chai

THIS INFORMATION WAS FORWARDED FROM THE EAST KINGDOM
If you have questions or concerns please contact me at
[log in to unmask] or 636-352-3768 calls or text, no calls or text
before 10 am or after 10 pm.

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
Mistress BelAnna de Rouge de Anjou (Bel)
Calontir Pennsic 42 Land Agent

Sent from my iPad
  _____

No virus found in this message.