I know that this won't help you for this weekend, but I thinking that perhaps some other folks, either new to the SCA or new to having kids, might find this useful.

Here are some files in the Florilegium on clothing for children.
child-clothes-msg (40K) 5/12/11 Period and SCA children's clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/child-clothes-msg.html

Chld-Costumes-art (12K) 9/21/08 "Children's Costumes at SCA Events - a personal testimonial" by Mistress Ælflæd of Duckford.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/Chld-Costumes-art.html

Kindergarb-art (12K) 1/12/03 Thoughts on making children's clothing by Lady Hrosvitha von Celle.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/Kindergarb-art.html

And for the smaller ones:
babies-msg (124K) 12/ 1/11 Camping with babies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/babies-msg.html

feedng-tddlrs-msg (10K) 9/28/09 Feeding toddlers at SCA events.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/feedng-tddlrs-msg.html

toddlr-tethrs-msg (14K) 4/29/09 Use of tethers/"leading strings" to control toddlers in period and the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/toddlr-tethrs-msg.html

I hope this is of use.

Stefan

--------