Murd,

This is something that's on a lot of stuff from our time period. I can't
come up with an "architect" in particular, but the practice dates back
quite a ways. (Early swords, combs, statuary, etc.)

Look up "____ me fecit."

I found this one that's about something architectural:
http://vialucispress.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/gofridus-me-fecit-pj-mckey/

But I suspect that your prof was just focused on that architect. :)

YMMV,

Maerwynn

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Bruce Lapham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  You are correct.  That was what I meant to say about Gerald.
>
> I am looking for the original architect's name so when I talk about
> Gerald's announcements, I can "document" it.
>
> Murd

Maerwynn of Holme
Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
En mí todo ese fuego se repite,
en mí nada se apaga ni se olvida... -- Neruda