I talked to my boss, and I can be there.  I can bring some pieces of embroidery, maybe a scroll, a leatherwork pouch, and might be able to sing, if necessary.  Beads and beadwork, maybe?

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:58:53 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Fwd: Possible SCA demo...
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello, Mag Mor folk.

We've had a request for a demonstration of SCA activities on Wednesday, July 17th. An SCA demo fits well with Westminster Presbyterian's medieval theme art camp, "Kingdom Quest."  Some of you heard about this at Their Excellencies' "Thank You" party last Wednesday where I was feeling out whether there would be enough people able to participate.

Now I'm looking for firm commitments.
I know it is often difficult for people to get time off from work to do daytime demos, but we don't need a huge number of participants.  Perhaps the mid-day timing will make this one more feasible.  I think Volkmar and I will be able to be there.  It would be great to have one more fighter and maybe a couple more "others."

Here are the basic details again:
  • Westminster Presbyterian Church at 2110 Sheridan Blvd
  • July 17, Wednesday,  pre-school demo at 11:00 in their class room, grade school demo at 11:30 in the large room (very large lunch room, 15 ft ceilings)
  • Grade school demo will be about 20 minutes, for about 80 kids
  • Our contact: Masako Bacon, 402-475-6702
Please let me know if you can help out. If you can participate, you might think about items to bring that can be handed around for "show & tell."
--  Isadora