Another problem with a lot of wooden easels is that the screws that hold
the legs, back, and whatever in place are too small or thin, or the
thumbnuts aren't large enough to tighten easily.  These should be large and
have adequate surfaces to "grab" the leg or whatever to hold it firmly.  I
have a very light and portable wooden easel I bought for watercolor that
has actually fallen down on more than one occasion, for the simple reason
that the clamping screws don't have an adequate surface area to secure the
adjustment.  I currently use it inside to hold photos or sketches to work
from on a more secure easel.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> For so many years I used the exacto clips #4, those 2" long things. Then I
> stopped, and used nothing. Now that I'm getting back into really wet washes
> again, I may discover something new. That's what I love about the
> Techniques Workshop.... someone else's perspective.
>
> I am looking forward to the conference this year...in just a few weeks!
>
> Cheers!
> Linda
>   _____________________
> Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
> P.O. Box 325
> Hereford, AZ 85615
> (520) 803-0538
> www.lindafeltner.com
>

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Kathleen Garness wrote:
>
> That's good to know. I'm sorry they were a frustration to you Brie. : (
>
> Staples and gatorboard. Sometimes the simplest solutions are best, eh?
>
> Thanks,

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Brie Dodson wrote:
>
> I've got the fancy watercolor stretching boards (
> http://www.dickblick.com/products/guerrilla-painter-watercolorboard/),
> and the problem is the deep rippled indent that the beveled edges make in
> the paper. It can't be dealt with well in matting. B
>

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 06:07 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>

> Those fancy watercolor stretching boards look kinda cool. I've never used
> one. Let us know, if you get them.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Linda

> instructions at