Every French easel I've ever seen (or used) has been so ridiculously heavy
that it ends up collecting dust and cobwebs. The coolest think I've seen
has been an adapted camera tripod (very light) with attachments. All are
carried in a backpack so transport is easy.
The artist who used this got pieces from Judson's Art Outfitters and built
something to fit her needs. But Judson's also offer Pochade boxes. I think
some come with carrying cases (like a laptop case).
Jennifer

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hi All:
> Someone wrote to me and I thought others might have an opinion.
>
> Linda,
> I am looking for an easel for outdoor painting.  Would love to know what
> you use?  And what do you think about this one?
> http://www.pleinairco.com/servlet/the-1301/Art-Easel-French-Artist/Detail
>
> OR does anyone have a french easel for sale, perhaps?
> OR what do others use?
>

> Thanks,
> Linda
>
> _____________________