I think she can request any size restrictions she wants as long as she still owns the digital
presentation rights.  Now enforcing those limitations is a whole other issue.

Here are my recommendations:
While they control the original painting, you control all other rights, unless you sold them more
rights.  You could in theory charge them a fee for the web use, this is often done for 1-5 year
periods.  If your main concern is the protection of the image from wider distribution, tell them
they can have permission to use the image, but only with your approval of the image file to will be
posting.  If they are using it as part of a header or collage, there is less issue of it being
reusable in other sites.  I think Facebook page headers are 851pixels wide by 315 pixels high.

If they want to post a nice representation just as a standalone image, you should ask for your name
and copyright to be watermarked in a corner of the image, and not post an image larger than about
600-700 pixels on the longest edge. If they want people to see details of the image, use a second
image of a close up of the area of interest. Again, make sure your name and copyright symbol are
watermarked in a corner of the image.  It would also be good to have your name and copyright in
normal text below the image or in a caption about the image. You could also request a link to your
website, especially if you are not charging them any money for this reuse.

Britt