      NEW IN THE GNSI STORE

The latest GNSI 2013 Journal, No.2 Spring Issue
<https://www.gnsi.org/store/product/gnsi-journal-natural-science-illustration-2013-no2>
is now available for download online FREE to members! The print
membership version is in the mail now.

This issue has some great articles, including:

  * /*Un-Feathering the Bird*/
    Author Katrina van Grouw describes her 25 year journey creating a
    spetacular book.
  * /*Book Review: Unfeathered Birds*
    <https://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/unfeathered-birds>/
    Bruce Bartrug tells you how good /The Unfeathered Bird/ really is.
  * /*Science On a Sphere: Viewing Planets in the Round!*/
    Britt Griswold describes this exhibit technology.
  * /*Book Review: The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds, by John Muir Laws*
    <https://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/book-review-laws-guide-drawing-birds>/
    Linda M. Feltner reviews a new bird drawing instruction guide.
  * /*Illustrating Nature: CSUMB class of 2013 Exhibit*/
    A selection of images from the annual student exhibit
  * /*Pages From My Sketchbook*/
    Gretchen Kai Halpert describes her recent Asia trip.
  * /*SYDNEY PRENTICE (1873-1943): The Art of Drawing Fossil Whale
    Bones*
    <http://www.gnsi.org/journal/sydney-prentice-art-drawing-fossil-whale-bones>/
    Mary Parrish & Julia Coursey describe the history and technique of a
    Smithsonian science art legend.
  * /*Member Spotlight: David Fierstein*/
    David Fierstein offers a peek into his life as an illustrator.
  * /*Indigenous Medicinal Plants of South Africa*/
    Margaret Elizabeth Johnston describes her adventures in South
    Africa, on the hunt for unusual plants.

Digital download is *FREE* to GNSI members when they login to the GNSI
website <http://www.gnsi.org>. Others may download the Journal (PDF) for
$12.

Journal download instructions
<http://www.gnsi.org/forum/faqs/download-digital-publications>

/The Journal Staff is always looking for great articles like these! Tell
us about your project, tell us about your technique, tell us about
something new you have just discovered about your art, or a book you
have benefited from. The GNSI has a big umbrella, and we reach a wide
range of artists, from beginners to experienced; many will find
information and inspiration in your topic. Remember that you don't have
to be an accomplished writer, we can help with your presentation. Please
consider being a part of our beautiful, informative Journal --- which
goes all over the world, and reaches well beyond our membership alone
--- and give your resume a boost in the process! / Contact *Journal
Editor Gail Guth* <http://www.gnsi.org/submit-material> with your idea.

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design