 From the article: "When artists come to the realization that their
works are worthy and important, no matter what the media may be, the art
world can begin to change. When they donít enforce their rights and
simply move on to another product line, their apathy to the problem
simply allows for the perpetuation of the problem and confirms to
infringers that most artists wonít do anything about theft."

http://www.artsyshark.com/2013/06/11/intellectual-property/