Thanks Gretchen.
I'm always interested in what's hot and not.

Thanks for the info.
Linda
_____________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615
(520) 803-0538

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:58 PM, gretchen halpert wrote:

I use a Jullian Plein Air HALF BOX French easel. The full box is way too heavy. This is perfect if you're not traveling far. It's not for hiking but I love it for painting outdoors if I'm setting up within a ten minute walk from my car. I carry my paints separately, i.e. not in the easel box.
A pochade box is nice too.
I saw a French easel for sale cheap at a yard sale, but you live too far away!

One of my students at my last Italy workshop made a set up for oil painting that looked lightweight and sturdy. I know he hiked with it. I'll try to contact him and ask about it.

Gretchen

Gretchen Halpert
Illustrator/educator
www.gretchenhalpert.com