I’ve used the Open Box M setup for 10 years now and would never use anything else.  It is light (tripod plus palette box) and flexible.  I have the “palette box” in two sizes (9X14 and 16X20). Each set up can expand for larger panels (or stretched canvas) and will accommodate very small supports as well.  If anyone is curious, I will have both with me in Bar Harbor.

See you there,
Jane

From: Barbara Harmon
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Easel information

Just arrived sleepless off a red-eye from the west coast but wanted to add to this.

I live on Cape Cod where there seem to be billions of plein-aire painters.

They like this company: http://www.openboxm.com/
I don't know particular models or anything. And apparently you need a tripod. My mom gave me hers but I've yet to have the fun of trying it :-(

Another popular one: http://www.judsonsart.com/

Barb

Barbara Harmon
508-430-8308