I taught a fabulous class this winter at the ASDesertMuseum in Backgrounds in Watercolor. We stretched all sorts of ways, some intentional, some not....lots of discoveries to be made when brown kraft tape isn't available. " But the guy in the art store said it would work!!!!"....

If I can't use 300 lb paper, I have converted to stapling 140 lb to gator board, and using lots of staples. I havne't worn out a gator board panel yet, but am keeping track of the number of sheets I can use on it. But then, I can revert back to my college days and just clip it all around - if I have to.
I love the light weight of the gator board.

Those fancy watercolor stretching boards look kinda cool. I've never used one. Let us know, if you get them.
Cheers,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325